Benchmark your competitions
How does your performance compare to your competitors?
Benchmarking is one of the most commonly used management tools in the world and it’s not hard to see why. “Benchmarking” simply means comparing your business to others in your industry. You can then use those comparisons to:
- Discover how much gross profit and net profit your competitors are really making
- See how your business compares – and how well you are really doing
- Understand the specific areas where you are doing better than your competitors – i.e. your strengths which you can build on
- Identify the specific areas where your competitors are doing better than you – i.e. your weaknesses which you can correct by learning what others are doing in those areas
- Estimate how much extra profit the evidence suggests you can claw back when you start doing everything as well as, or even better than, your rivals.
As a result you will discover where to focus your efforts to become more successful, profitable and valuable.
We can help you by producing a confidential report for you comparing you to others in your industry across 19 key performance measures. We will explain to you what each of these performance measures means and we will suggest an action plan to help you start improving your performance in each of those areas.
If you would like to have a chat about this, give us a call
We have been working with Beyond the Numbers for over three years now and have been delighted with the progress achieved in this time and the level of customer service provided by Val and the rest of the team. We received a word of mouth recommendation from another restaurant business, as we were keen to work with an accountant who understood our industry; Val has certainly demonstrated this understanding from the outset. It is true to say Val really has gone “beyond the numbers” on many occasions, often offering us excellent advice on new business ventures and growth plans, while never losing site of the day to day details. We look forward to a continued working relationship with Beyond the Numbers.
Gillian Reith, Three Sisters Bake LLP
How Beyond the Numbers will help you…
We believe that you should want more from your accountant and we are happy to help you with our 9 step plan towards performance measurement and improvement.
Get in touch today
Book an appointment and we’d be delighted to tell you more
about our experience helping other clients in your sector.
We’d love to help you, too.