Improvement action plan
Nothing changes until something changes so you need to develop and implement an action plan.
Your action plan should be based on everything you have learned. It will therefore include actions inspired by:
- Your goals, objectives and targets (See Set your goals)
- Your business plans and forecasts (See Develop your plan)
- How well the business is achieving these targets (See Measure your Performance and Annual accounts)
- The trends in our performance (See Understand your business trends)
- Your strengths and weaknesses compared to your competitors (See Benchmark your competitors)
- How effectively wealth and value is being created for the owners (See Value your business)
- And with priorities influenced by the likely payback (See Improvement potential)
To create an effective action plan you will need to combine analysis with creativity and resist knee-jerk reactions. You will need to study the facts and explore all the possibilities.
You will need discipline to make sure that there is clarity over who is going to do what and by what date and to make people accountable for actually taking the actions for which they are responsible.
We can help you by working on a Business Builder Review with you to identify quick wins for your business.
We can also help you to formulate your action plan and measure its implementation.
If you would like to have a chat about this, give us a call
We have been working with Beyond the Numbers for over three years now and have been delighted with the progress achieved in this time and the level of customer service provided by Val and the rest of the team. We received a word of mouth recommendation from another restaurant business, as we were keen to work with an accountant who understood our industry; Val has certainly demonstrated this understanding from the outset. It is true to say Val really has gone “beyond the numbers” on many occasions, often offering us excellent advice on new business ventures and growth plans, while never losing site of the day to day details. We look forward to a continued working relationship with Beyond the Numbers.
Gillian Reith, Three Sisters Bake LLP
How Beyond the Numbers will help you…
We believe that you should want more from your accountant and we are happy to help you with our 9 step plan towards performance measurement and improvement.
Get in touch today
Book an appointment and we’d be delighted to tell you more
about our experience helping other clients in your sector.
We’d love to help you, too.